Netgear N300 extenders are perfect WiFi devices to access a blazing-fast internet. However, sometimes they cease to work properly. The extenders keep connecting and disconnecting. Somehow, if they get connected, they won’t let you access the internet properly. There can be various reasons behind the Netgear N300 extender not working issue. Perhaps, there might be a problem with the extender itself.
If your Netgear N300 extender is also not working properly, then read this article. In this article, we will let you know about the reasons behind the issue as well as the troubleshooting tips to resolve it.
Reasons Why Netgear N300 Extender is Not Working
Have a walk through the reasons that might be culprits behind the Netgear N300 extender not working issue:
- Faulty or damaged hardware of your Netgear N300 extender prevents it from functioning properly. Perhaps, you might haven’t done the unboxing carefully. Due to which your WiFi device or its accessories might have been damaged.
- You might have placed your Netgear N300 extender in blind spots. As a result, it fails to amplify the WiFi signals coming from your home router.
- Your Netgear N300 extender and router might be connected with a damaged Ethernet cable.
- A fluctuating power supply can also be one of the reasons why your Netgear N300 extender is not working.
- An incomplete or partial Netgear extender setup also affects the extender’s functionality.
- Your Netgear N300 extender might be operating on an obsolete or corrupted firmware version.
- In addition, if your Netgear N300 extender is not placed at the proper location, then it can cease to work.
Now, let’s head towards the troubleshooting tips that can help you fix the Netgear N300 extender not working issue.
Fixed: Netgear N300 Extender Not Working
- Reboot Your Netgear N300 Extender
Before you dig deeper into the technicalities, try rebooting your Netgear N300 extender. Perhaps, doing so will resolve the issue for you. Sometimes, the extender fails to work properly due to technical glitches. Rebooting the WiFi device is an optimal solution to get rid of technical glitches.
Follow the steps given below to reboot your Netgear N300 extender:
- Unplug your Netgear N300 extender from the power outlet.
- Let your extender stay idle for some time.
- Plug your Netgear N300 extender back into the power outlet. Turn the extender on.
Check if the issue is fixed or not. If not, then proceed to the next troubleshooting tip.
- Relocate Your Netgear N300 Extender
If you place your Netgear N300 extender in blind spots, it won’t work properly. Therefore, avoid placing your WiFi device under a table or inside a cupboard. Place it in the center of a well-ventilated room instead, which will prevent the overheating of extender too. Besides this, keep your Netgear N300 extender far from concrete walls and corners.
Bonus tip: Place your Netgear N300 extender far-off from reflexive surfaces, refrigerators, microwave ovens, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, etc. Doing so will reduce the WiFi signal interference of your extender.
- Stabilize the Connection Between WiFi Devices
There should be a steady connection between your Netgear N300 extender and router. For this, connect both devices using an Ethernet cable. Verify that the connection is finger-tight and secure. Don’t use a faulty Ethernet cable as it can result in poor or no internet connection.
- Perform Firmware Update
An outdated version of firmware is sufficient in order to prevent your Netgear N300 extender from working properly. It can be more troublesome if the firmware version of your device is corrupted. Therefore, it is recommended to update the firmware by following the steps in the user manual.
- Reset Your Netgear N300 Extender
Performed all the aforementioned troubleshooting tips and still got no success? Don’t lose hope. as you can still fix the issue by resetting your Netgear N300 extender. Reset your WiFi device with the help of the following steps:
- Plug your Netgear N300 extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Once the power LED on your Netgear N300 extender stabilizes, look for the Reset button.
- Now, press the Reset button with the help of a pin-like object.
- As soon as you release the button, your Netgear N300 extender will reset.
if even this time you aren’t able to fix the issue, then perform Netgear extender setup by accessing the www mywifiext net N300 web page.
The troubleshooting tips discussed in this article will help you out whether your Netgear N300 extender is partially working or not working at all. If the issue still persists, then chances are that your extender is damaged. Thus, replace it with a new one and perform mywifiext setup.