Are you looking to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router? Well, there could be various reasons why you want to take your Nighthawk back to its factory default settings. Maybe, you have lost the password of your Netgear router or your device is not giving its optimal performance. Whatever the reason is forcing you to perform Netgear Nighthawk router reset, this step-by-step guide can help you in big way. All you need to do is follow the instructions given in the write-up the same as we are going to annotate. So, let’s now give you a nudge on the methods using which you can reset your Netgear Nighthawk router without any hassle.
Method 1: Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router using routerlogin
Consider that this reset method would be of help only if you have the password of your router handy. If you are unable to access Netgear router login page, you are suggested to try the hard reset method for resetting your device. Here’s how you can reset your Netgear Nighthawk router using the default web address, i.e. routerlogin.com.
- Power up your Netgear router by plugging it into a working power socket.
- The minute you can see the power LED on your Nighthawk router is glowing green and have become stable, you can proceed further with the next step.
- Connect your Nighthawk to the already configured modem or access point. We recommend you connect both the WiFi devices using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done with establishing a stable connection between the Netgear router and modem, get access to your computer and open a web browser on it.
- Although you can choose any internet browser, it is suggested that you make use of the one that is updated with the latest software version.
- Type routerlogin web address into the URL bar of your browser and hit the Enter key.
- Completion of this particular step will take you to the Netgear Nighthawk router login page.
- Now, enter your username and password into the given fields and click Log In.
- With this, you will find yourself on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- From here, navigate to Settings and locate the Netgear router reset option.
- Select it to reset your router to default settings.
- The router reset process will take some time to get completed, so don’t interrupt the process within.
After the successful completion of the reset process, your Nighthawk router will reboot.
Method 2: Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router Using Reset Button
You can also reset your Netgear Nighthawk router using the press of a button. Check the steps below and learn how to execute and get success with the process:
- Disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk router from all the devices connected to its network
- Now, power up the device and wait till you find the power LED on it turns green.
- Locate the Reset button on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- The placement of the reset button may vary as per the Nighthawk router model you are making use of. Therefore, you are suggested to check all the sides for locating the button.
- Once located, press it using a pin-like device and then release.
This is how you can reset your Nighthawk router using Reset button. This is also called the reset method to take a Netgear router back to its default settings.
Have you reset your router? Yes? Now, again perform Netgear Nighthawk setup to make the device work again.
Share with us in the comments section how did you find the article. Also, let us know which method you find easier to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router to default settings. Your feedback is awaited!