Getting the Error 15241 on QuickBooks while installing or updating the payroll? We can help. There are multiple factors that lead to QB Error 15241 on your system such as damaged MS Windows installer, inappropriate QB desktop installation etc.
Today, we’ll discover everything regarding this stubborn error. Whether, it’s the causes behind this error emergence, its symptoms, and the fixation methods, we’ve covered it all. So, let’s begin.
What Causes the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241?
The QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241 often emerges while updating the payroll or installing it. Following are the factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 15241 emergence.
Disabled QB FCS – The QuickBooks File Copy Service is very crucial for the proper functioning of the QuickBooks application. In case, it’s disabled, it will lead to QB payroll error 15241.
Damaged Update Files – If somehow the update folder or file is damaged, the payroll update will be interrupted and result in QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241.
Inappropriate QB Installation – In case the QuickBooks installation is improper, its functioning will be affected. Thus resulting in the 15241 error.
Malware Attack – In case the system gets affected by malware, it can damage some crucial QB and Windows-related files. As a result, the 15241 error will appear.
Improper Firewall Configuration – Having a firewall configuration that restricts QuickBooks from downloading and installing the payroll update causes the QB 15241 error.
Suggest Read – 0x0 0x0 Error
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Update Error 15241
Since the causes of this error are clear, users can prevent this error from re-emerging. Now, take a glance at the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15241 for applying the fixation methods.
- Frequently getting update notification in QB payroll.
- Laggy keyboard and mouse movements on the system.
- Receiving Error: 15241 and the program crashes
- Can’t install your payroll update.
Steps To Fix The QuickBooks Error Code 15241 Permanently
In order to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 15241, users must disable their antivirus and firewall. Thereafter, perform the steps that are discussed below:
For Windows XP Users
In case the user is encountering the QuickBooks Error Code 15241 on Win XP, follow these:
- Firstly, exit from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Thereafter, visit “My Computer”.
- Then, hit “Manage”.
- Next, launch the “Computer Management” screen.
- Now, locate/open “Services and App”.
- Afterwards, under it, open “Services”.
- Then, scroll down and locate “QuickBooks FCS”.
- Thereafter, double-tap it and you’ll be moved to a new window.
- Now, visit “General” then scroll down and choose “Manual”.
- Finally, hit “Ok” and save changes.
Now, perform a reboot and try updating the payroll tax table.
For Windows Vista, Win 7, 8 And 10
In case of facing 15241 error on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, follow these:
- At first, exit your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Thereafter, locate the “My Computer” icon.
- Then, tap-right on it and hit “Manage”.
- Visit “Services and App”.
- Next, click “Services”.
- Now, open “QuickBooks FCS”.
- Thereafter, under “General” opt for “Manual”.
- Then, hit “Apply”.
- Finally, try updating the QuickBooks payroll again.
Refreshing Your Payroll Connection
In case the QuickBooks Error 15241 still exists after performing the above steps, refreshing the payroll connection via Payroll Service Key is required. Here’s how:
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, visit “Employees”.
- Then, hit “Payroll Service Key”.
- Next, choose to “Activate Service Key”.
- Afterwards, it’ll launch the “Service Key Window”.
- Now, choose your payroll and tap “Edit”.
- Then, tap “Next” till the process is finished.
- Finally, after the payroll service key gets re-validated, try updating the payroll again.
Steps To Update Payroll Tax Table
Updating the payroll tax table requires the following steps
- First, launch QuickBooks.
- Then, open “Employees” menu.
- Next, hit “Get Payroll Updates”
- Thereafter, tap “Download Update”.
- Finally, the download and your payroll tax table will now be updated.
Enable Automatic QuickBooks Updates
It is crucial for QuickBooks to be up to date for preventing errors such as Quickbooks error 15106 and other payroll errors.
Moreover, as manually checking for updates is a lengthy process, users can enable the automatic QuickBooks update. Here’s how:
- Firstly, run QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, visit “Help”.
- Then, hit “Update QuickBooks”.
- Next, visit “Option”.
- Now, choose “Yes” for “Auto QB Updates”.
- Finally, tap “Close”.
Configure Preferences In QuickBooks Desktop
Configuring preferences in QuickBooks Desktop requires
- Launch “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Thereafter, tap “Edit”.
- Then, scroll down and choose “Preferences”.
- Next, from the left, select “Reports and Graphs”.
- Afterwards, hit “My Preferences”.
- Ensure if the option “Modify Report” is chosen.
- Now, configure the Graph and Report” accordingly.
- Thereafter choose from the following accordingly
- 1- Ask me to refresh
- 2- Automatic refresh
- Finally, the preferences are configured.
Also, read about how to fix windows error code: https://googdesk.com/0x0-0x0/.
We hope the content provided to you will assist you in solving the QuickBooks Error 15241 issue and prevent its return.
Furthermore, the steps mentioned in this post are validated by the QuickBooks experts in solving the QB Error 15241.