If you’re a hot chocolate lover and have got a bit of a sweet tooth, then you’ll most likely find chocolate stains unexpectedly appearing on your carpet. It can be devastating to see your beautiful carpet getting spoiled by hot chocolate stains. But, all hope is not lost yet as we have some clever tricks that you can use to remove chocolate stains from your carpet.
The following are some of the most useful methods that you can utilise to eliminate hot chocolate stains so that you can enjoy peace of mind.
Method Number One
According to a professional company offering carpet cleaning bath services, the primary method that you have to follow, to bring your carpet to its original state, is to use a butter knife. Along with that, you’ll need a vacuum cleaner, paper towels, a spot cleaner, and a simple iron. Make sure you gather all of your ingredients before you kick off the stain removal procedure.
- In case the hot chocolate stain has dried up, it’s time to take the butter knife and scrape the stain off from the carpet fibres, as much as possible.
- Once you’ve completed the scraping session, proceed to vacuum the stained area so that any remaining flakes or residue will be eliminated.
- After that, you need to cover the stained area with some paper towels.
- Take your clothing towel and turn it at its lowest possible setting. Moreover, use the non-steam mode. Try to move the iron over the paper towel slowly. Such a process will allow the remaining stains to get absorbed into the paper towels. Ensure that when you’re ironing the paper towels, be sure to keep the temperature steady. Otherwise, you’ll burn the paper towels as well as the carpet fibres.
- Continue to repeat the previous steps once the stains disappear.
- If any dark spot is left behind, then you can use a household carpet cleaner on that specific area and then gently clean the same with a white towel.
Method Number Two
If the previous method didn’t work for you, then you can follow this second method.
- Use your butter knife and scrape off all the chocolate residue from the carpet’s affected area. Remember to carry out this process carefully & slowly.
- Then you have to use some white paper towels or a clean white cloth, along with a carpet stain remover on the affected area. Try to lift the chocolate stains as much as possible.
- After completing the above-mentioned step, if you still find hot chocolate residue is left on the carpet, you have to use a mixture consisting of 1/4 teaspoon of white detergent and a cup of water. The water should be at room temperature.
- Pour the mixture directly onto the hot chocolate stain.
- Once done, you have to start blotting the stains – starting from the outer ring of the stain to the inner ring. In that way, the stain will not spread further across the carpet.
- Allow the area to dry and the chocolate stain will be eliminated.
Method Number Three
If any of the aforementioned methods didn’t work for you, then you have to try out this third process.
- Proceed to wet the carpet stain in cold, running water.
- Use a clean cloth along with a dishwashing detergent. Using the mixture, the stain must be rubbed circularly. Then allow the detergent to sit for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse the affected area with cold water.
For any further queries on carpet cleaning, you can contact us any moment.