Whether you want to perform Linksys router setup or want to change its settings, both the processes require you to log in to your device using 192.168.1.1. On the off chance if you are unable to log in to Linksys router, you won’t be able to configure it or change its settings. Thus, it is important to learn how to log in to Linksys router correctly so that you can configure it and change its settings with ease.
Don’t know how to log in to Linksys router? Need not to worry! In this post, we will provide you step-by-step instructions that will help you log in to Linksys router without any hassle. Let’s take the plunge!
Instructions to Log In to Linksys Router
Follow the guideline highlighted below and know how to log in to Linksys router in a fly. Keep scrolling down!
- Connect the power adapter of Linksys router into a working wall outlet.
- Make sure that the Linksys router’s power adapter isn’t damaged from anywhere.
- Then, make sure to create a firm connection between your Linksys router and modem.
- You can choose either a WiFi or an Ethernet connection to connect your modem and Linksys router.
- Open a web browser of your choice on a PC or laptop.
- Head over to the browser’s address bar and type 192.168.1.1 without making any typing errors.
- Press the Enter key and you will be taken to the Linksys router login page.
- To login to Linksys router, enter your device’s default username and password (unless changed).
- Once you’re done, click Log In.
That’s it! You have successfully logged in to your Linksys router. Now, you can follow the on-screen instruction, configure it, and change its settings as per your preferences.
If you follow the instructions listed above carefully, you will surely be able to log in to Linksys router without any hassle. Now, you can change its default password for securing it.
Don’t know how to change the default Linksys router password? Need not to worry! Follow the steps highlighted below in exact given order and know how to change the Linksys router login password in minutes. Continue reading!
After performing Linksys router setup, changing the password of your device is as necessary as securing your house from burglars. Don’t worry! Changing the password of your Linksys router is not rocket science. All you need to do is to go through the instructions highlighted below and know how to complete the Linksys password changing process in minutes. Scroll down to read more!
- Keep your Linksys router and modem in close proximity.
- Connect your devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled device like computer or laptop and enter 192.168. 1.1 in the address bar, then press Enter key.
- Enter login credentials of your Linksys router in the fields provided.
- Click Wireless tab and then click the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- Now, in the Passphrase field, enter the new router login password.
- Click on Save Settings.
Kudos! You have successfully changed the password of your Linksys router. Now, you can log in to Linksys router using the changed password.
To prevent unknown users to connect to your Linksys router’s WiFi network, we suggest you change its SSID as well. Here’s how to change the WiFi network name of your Linksys router.
- Access the Linksys router’s web-based setup page using 192.168.1.1 IP.
- Enter the login details of your Linksys router.
- Click Wireless and then select the Manual option.
- Change the Network Name (SSID) of your Linksys router to something unique.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Note: If you want that the internet range follow in every nook and cranny of your house, then you must add a Linksys extender to Linksys router. Linksys WiFi range extender is the only device (when configured) that can satisfy your daily internet needs. Just perform Linksys range extender setup (after purchasing) and see a performance boost in your internet connection.
If you need any help to fix Linksys router login issues or to select the best WiFi range extender (that easily fits in your budget), feel free to drop your questions into the comments section.