Do you want to lose the extra fat of your body? Gym membership seems too expensive? Too lazy to go outside for exercise? Well, it is time for you to give a shot to yoga for weight loss at home. Moreover, considering the current scenario of the Coronavirus pandemic, it is a wise decision to practice yoga at home.
The best part about investing your time in yoga for weight loss at home is that you need not buy expensive gym memberships. Moreover, you also have the opportunity to try other forms of yoga, like meditation, deep breathing, etc.
However, you might be wondering about the benefits of practicing yoga at home or how often you should practice yoga to get back in shape. Well, the following points will clear all your doubts regarding the practice of yoga for weight loss at home.
Benefits of Yoga at Home
There is no doubt that yoga offers you numerous health benefits. Following is the list of benefits provided by yoga practice, even at home.
Reduces the Stress of Reaching the Yoga Class on Time
If you have experience in the yoga studio, you might be well aware of the dilemma of reaching the class on time. However, the home yoga practice makes you the owner of your schedule. In other words, you decide when it is time to do yoga and when to relax.
It is Free of Cost
Joining a yoga class is a big deal. You have to invest a handful amount of money to enroll yourself in a certified yoga school. However, with advanced technology, the updated knowledge of yoga is just a click away. Thus, technology reduces the need for yoga studios and saves your money.
You Can Wear Simple Clothes
Deciding the clothes for the yoga session is a big deal. But, practising yoga for weight loss at home gives you the liberty to wear whatever you feel comfortable with.
Highly Beneficial for Women
With household chores, a non-ending to-do list, and caring for kids, women can barely find time and energy for themselves. It is what makes it necessary for every woman to engage in physical activities. Therefore, practising yoga for weight loss at home for a female is the ultimate weapon to stay fit.
The above points might have cleared your doubts about the benefits of yoga practice at home. Now, let’s move forward to how often you should do yoga to lose weight.
Read More – 5 Yoga Poses to Relieve Constipation
How Often You Should Do Yoga to Lose Weight.
Practice yoga as often as you feel to lose weight. You can practice intense yoga 4-5 days a week for at least one hour. On the other days, balance it with relaxing yoga sessions.
Moreover, if you are a beginner, start the yoga practice with 20 minutes for six days a week and eventually increase it to 1 hour daily.
After knowing all the benefits of yoga for weight loss at home, it is time for you to step up and look at the yoga asanas you should practice to stay fit and healthy.
Yoga Asanas at Home for weight loss
Following are a few yoga poses that will contribute to making you fit and healthy by remaining at home only:
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- How to do:
- Roll out your yoga mat.
- Lie on the floor while facing down.
- Place your hands on the floor next to your shoulders.
- Keep your legs straight with the top of the feet touching the yoga mat.
- Lift your chest while slowly inhaling.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds.
- Release and come back to the initial posture.
Read More – yoga for elderly beginners
Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
- How to do;
- Lie with your chest down on the yoga mat.
- Lift your body on straightened arms.
- Put your balance on your toes.
- Hold this posture as long as you can and then release.
- Repeat this for few times daily.
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- How to do:
- Lie down on your back with feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees.
- Place your hands by your side.
- While inhaling, press your feet into the floor.
- Gently lift your hips.
- Gently press your arms and shoulders on the ground.
- Lift your chest.
- Hold this pose for a while.
- Relax and repeat this 4-5 times.
Balasana (Child Pose)
- How to do:
- Kneel on the ground and keep your knees slightly apart from each other.
- Place the hands on your thighs.
- Bend in such a way that your belly rest on the thighs and your head touches the floor.
- Extend your hands outwards.
- Pause for a second.
- Revert to starting position.
Virabhadrasana (Warrior-II Pose)
- How to do:
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-distance apart.
- While inhaling, raise both hands parallel to the ground.
- Turn your head to the right.
- While exhaling, turn your right foot at 90 degrees to the ground.
- Keep in mind that your right thigh should be parallel to the ground.
- Stay in this position for few breaths.
- Come to an initial standing position.
- Now perform the same step for the left leg.
- Repeat this 4-5 times.
Commit yourself and practice yoga for weight loss at home for females regularly. It will help you stay alive and kicking. Moreover, yoga practice at home will make you the master of your trade.