Neoprene gloves are manufactured by a synthetic rubber called chloroprene. The process called radical polymerization is used in making neoprene gloves. The process involves different chemical reactions. These gloves are highly flexible, so extreme stretching is not an issue.
But before buying neoprene gloves online for your uses, it is important to know about its properties. So below is the list of the major properties of neoprene gloves that make them so useful:
- Pliability: Neoprene is highly flexible making it resistant to intense stretching. Hence, it is fit and comfortable to wear.
- Abrasion resistance: Neoprene is not affected by harsh weather changes. So, it is durable and does not wear out easily.
- Protect against ultraviolet rays: Neoprene can protect the human body from ozone and UV rays. It is mostly preferred outdoors where the human body is exposed to radiation.
- Chemical resistance: Neoprene can withstand mild acids, chemicals, solvents, and grease. It protects the human body from harmful chemical elements.
- Oil resistance: Neoprene is non-reactive towards petroleum products. It is very useful in the industries where working with oil is the main purpose.
- Waterproofing: It works as a waterproofing material. Deep-sea divers use neoprene as it protects them from lower water temperature.
- Germs resistance: It offers good resistance to germs. Using neoprene in the meat industry can protect workers from contamination.
- Cost-effective: Neoprene is easily available in the market at a reasonable price.
- Fire resistance: It can fight against fire and safeguard the hands from getting burned.
Due to its incredible properties, neoprene gloves are best suitable for certain industries. They are stated and explained below:
- Agriculture– Workers engaged in the agricultural industry need to deal with several tasks which require neoprene gloves to protect their hands from hazardous elements of the soil. They often come across chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, and disinfectants. They also need to work with livestock and contaminated soil. Therefore, due to the presence of the property of chemical and germ resistance, neoprene gloves are highly demanded in the agricultural sector. Mallcom is a well-recognized brand providing super quality neoprene gloves for the workers of the agricultural industry. The interested buyers can have a look over the details of the brand by visiting the company’s website.
- Chemical industry- In this type of industry workers are involved in the task of handling harmful chemicals like ketones, Nitro compounds, alcohols, acids, bases, and even rocket fuel. So, wearing a protective hand glove is very essential for the workers to safeguard their hands from hazardous chemicals. The property of chemical resistance present in these gloves makes them compatible to be used in chemical industries. Mallcom offers neoprene hand gloves that are resistant to chemicals. So, purchasing it from the respective manufacturer will not make you feel unsatisfied.
- Civil engineering industries-The hands of the workers involved in the construction industry are always subjected to danger. Neoprene hand gloves, due to their property of chemical and fire resistance are suitable in civil engineering industries as the workers here always face the threat from cuts, chemicals, and burns.
- Automobile industries- In this type of industries the workers need to work with heat, flames, gasoline, alkalis, hydraulic fluids, and organic acids.Neoprene gloves have excellent elastic metal bonding ability which makes them suitable for use in the automobile industry. If an employer truly believes in the well-being of his workers, he can go through the details of the product on the Mallcom’s website, as it is among the topmost brands providing effective neoprene gloves.
- Fish and meat industry- Workers in the fish and meat industry need to handle raw meat every day which is very risky in terms of close-contamination. Neoprene gloves can fight against germs which make it suitable for the workers of the meat industry to ensure that their hands are saved from spreading germs. Moreover, these gloves are also used in fishing industries as it is highly waterproof.
Neoprene gloves are a very essential part of the PPE kit. However, before purchasing these gloves a health-conscious buyer must ensure that it possesses the required features by checking them on the spot, as providing the right quality of hand gloves to the workers can help build a safe and hygienic working environment.