If you are dealing with infertility, the least helpful word you can hear is ‘Just relax, it happens’. As if it is that easy. In today’s era of hectic work schedules, infertility in males is not an uncommon problem anymore, it improves with the help of Yoga Asanas to Increase Fertility in Men.
Many factors are responsible for this problem. Although, there are pills that can help in increasing male fertility.
However, with pills, there come permanent side effects. But yoga can be the cure with no side effects. There are various postures of yoga to improve fertility.
But before that, let us understand what is male infertility and the factors responsible for this ailment.
What is Male Infertility?
Male infertility is the inability of the male sperm to fertilize the mature ova during sexual intercourse. There are many reasons for infertility. It includes low sperm count, blockage of sperm, frequency in ejaculation, and much more. Additionally, having an unhealthy lifestyle with health problems can also lead to infertility.
Various factors affect fertility in males. Let us pour some light on a few of them.
Factors Affecting Male Fertility
Three of the most common factors of male infertility are mentioned below:
Diet loaded with hard drugs like alcohol, tobacco, cocaine, and weed will negatively impact the sperm count. Eventually, it leads to impotence in males. Moreover, it decreases the testosterone level (male reproductive hormone).
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you are suffering from any sexual medical conditions like STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases), there will be a high chance of infertility. The reason being is genital inflammation caused by microorganisms. This condition brings a severe change in sperm count.
If you apply creams or any other products containing chemicals, on the genital area regularly, you might be prone to sexual infertility. These products might contain toxic substances that attract harmful bacteria that reduce fertility in men.
Fortunately, the traditional art of yoga has many asanas that will help you increase fertility in males. Before moving ahead with yoga asanas to improve infertility. Let us learn about the benefits provided by yoga to cure infertility.
Benefits of Practicing Yoga to Improve Fertility
Below mentioned are some of the benefits of yoga to increase fertility in males:
- Yoga helps in fighting stress and anxiety. It helps in maximizing the sperm count in males’ bodies.
- Postures of yoga wash off the extra calories from the body to improve fertility in men.
- It helps in regulating hormones. Moreover, with better hormones, there comes better sexual health and desire.
- Improve your overall mood with the help of yoga. Because the more you are happy, the better the sperm count.
- Yoga improves blood circulation. Improved blood circulation helps in cheering your spirit and minimizes the risk of infertility.
Now let us have a look at a few of the yoga asanas to improve male fertility.
Yoga Asanas for Increasing the Male Fertility
If you are suffering from infertility, it is advisable to practice the below-mentioned yoga asanas to cure this severe ailment:
Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
- Steps to do:
- Sit with spine straight.
- Stretch your legs outwards.
- While breathing in, raise both the arms above your head and stretch.
- Bend forward from the hip joint and move your chin towards your toes.
- Place your hands on your legs.
- Do not overstretch your hands. Place wherever they reach.
- Gently move your navel toward your knees.
- Repeat these movements 2-3 times daily to improve fertility.
Legs Up the Wall Pose (Viparita Karani)
- Steps to do:
- Start with extending your legs up against the wall.
- Press your bottom against the wall as close as you can.
- Hold your posture for few minutes.
- Release the pose slowly.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- Steps to do:
- Lie on your back with knees folded.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your arms alongside your body with open palms.
- Lift your hips upwards.
- Hold for breaths and then relax slowly.
Warrior-II Pose (Virabhadrasana)
- Steps to do:
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-distance apart.
- While inhaling, raise both hands parallel to the ground.
- Turn your head to the right.
- While exhaling, turn your right foot at 90 degrees to the ground.
- Keep in mind that your right thigh should be parallel to the ground.
- Stay in this position for few breaths.
- Come to an initial standing position.
- Now perform the same step for the left leg.
- Repeat this 4-5 times.
Butterfly Pose (Baddha Konasana)
- Steps to Do:
- Roll out your yoga mat.
- Sit with your back straight.
- Fold your legs in such a manner that your feet touch each other face to face.
- Drop your knees to the sides.
- Hold the thumbs of your foot, ensuring they touch each other face to face.
- Stay in this pose for one minute.
- Relax for 30 seconds and then repeat this five times twice a day.
Male infertility is the result of an unhealthy diet, environmental factors, and medical history. However, the above yoga asanas for male fertility can help you to resolve the problem. If you want to have a systematic practice under the guidance of a yoga instructor, you can join 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.